Training Sessions /
- Many in-house sessions for ELI dealing with all aspects
of teaching both practical and theoretical.
- Making your life easy in class: talk at ACEIA teacher training
day, Seville, 2004.
- Making IT work for you: talk given at TESOL-SPAIN and GRETA,
2004: an overview of how Internet can be used by teachers from very simple to
more complex ideas.
- EMAIL Projects and the lessons they provide: GRETA, Granada
September 2002. I hour 30 minutes workshop.
- Teaching with the internet: why and how.: TESOL Spain, annual
conference, Madrid March 2002 / CETA Córdoba April 2002. I hour talk.
- Internet in the classroom: the advantages and practicalities of
using Internet in language classes: TESOL Spain, annual conference, Seville
March 2001. I hour talk.
- Practical IT Skills development: workshop run regularly at
English Language Institute aimed at improving general IT skills from word
processing to Powerpoint presentations.
- Practical Ideas for using Internet with language classes: CEP
Córdoba, 2 3-hour practical sessions, Feb. 2001
- Internet: ¿tiene importancia para la enseñanza de
idiomas? (Internet: is it important for language teaching). A presentation
for directors of the Association for Language Schools in Andulacia (ACEIA)
outlining how and why internet will be important for language schools, both
from a business and pedagogical point of view.
- September 1999, Seville. CALL: Today and Tomorrow A six hour
session covering our experience in the English Language Institute,
offering a more theoretical based analysis of the use of IT in language
teaching and exploring the way forward.
- September 1999, Seville: Two hour Introduction to CALL for
students on Certificate Course in TESOL from Trinity College
- May 1999, Seville: Multimedia is alive and well: CALL has never
been better, presentation to teachers and directors from private
institutions members of ACEIA, Andalucía.
- July 1997, Seville: Two hour Introduction to CALL for students
on RSA Certificate course.
- 1993 2000 Numerous in-house presentations and teacher training
sessions for teachers, directors and teacher-trainers, covering all aspects of
our use of IT within the institution.